Friday, July 15, 2011

1996 Buick Regal Starting Problems after use. *was fine all winter*?

So, Lately, since its now summer, My car has been having problems starting after it has been used and sits for about 10-30 minutes. When i get up in the morning, my car starts fine and i can drive it with no problems. After I turn off my car and try turning it back on right away, it is fine. If i wait a bit and try, it will not start. It cranks, but it will not idle. I then have to wait 10-30 minutes and then try again and keep slamming on the gas pedal for it to start and idle. Then, Quickly put it in gear and drive. I had the starter changed two weeks ago, and it was doing it then too. My check engine light was on, and the error told me it was the purge solenoid on top of the engine. So, I changed it today. I reset my ecm by unplugging the battery for an hour or so. The check engine light is now off, and i even put a few miles on it to let the adaptive learning adjust for my car and the new solenoid. It seems as whenever the car gets hot, or if i use it and heat it up, it will not start again until it cools. Its not the starter, because it gets up to like 1 on the rpms but then just wont stay on.I can hear what sounds like the fuel injections priming when i turn the key before starting, (sorry if that sounds stupid). If anyone knows what the problem is, how much it will cost, or if i can do it myself, please help me out. This is a pain in my butt, and I cannot figure it out. I cant take it anymore. PLEASE HELP ME. thank you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment